By Robert Harling
Directed by Tara Falk
Deadline: Video submissions will be accepted through June 28
Preparations: Monologue in the genre of the role for which you are auditioning, not to exceed 90 seconds total
Contract: For this production, only NON-union contracts will be offered, all roles paid
Callbacks: Callbacks will be by invitation only either by video submission or in person with preparation of requested materials
Cherry Creek Theatre does not believe in discrimination based on color, race, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, disabilities, gender, or otherwise. All performers, including those of color, ethnicities, age, gender identity, and performers with disabilities, are encouraged to audition and will be given full consideration.
- Truvy Jones – 40 ish. Owner of the beauty shop. Female-identifying; any race/ethnicity.
- Annelle Dupuy-Desoto – 19 ish. Beauty shop assistant. Female-identifying; any race/ethnicity.
- Clairee Belcher – 66 ish. Widow of former mayor. Grande dame. Female-identifying; any race/ethnicity.
- Shelby Eatenton-Latcherie – 25 ish. Prettiest girl in town. Female-identifying; any race/ethnicity.
- M’Lynn Eatenton – 50 ish. Shelby’s mother. Socially prominent career woman. Female-identifying; any race/ethnicity.
- Ouiser Boudreaux – 66 ish. Wealthy curmudgeon. Acerbic but lovable. Female-identifying; any race/ethnicity.
September 13–30, 2021
Evenings and some weekends.
Table reads will be arranged according to the director’s schedule prior to September 13.
October 1–24, 2021
Elaine Wolf Theatre, Mizel Arts & Culture Center
350 S. Dahlia Street
Fridays & Saturdays, 7:30pm
In a small Louisiana town, Truvy’s beauty salon is the heart of the community. Every day, six women gather to talk about their lives and loves, children and careers, hopes and hair in Robert Harling’s hilarious and heartfelt play. Full of unforgettable characters, witty dialogue, and heartbreaking moments, this beloved classic will have you laughing through the tears.